"We all wore the same uniform as Maurice Richard...We all Combed Our hair like Maurice Richard... We laced our skates like Maurice Richard, we taped our sticks like Maurice Richard. We cut his pictures out of all the newspapers. Truly, we knew everything there was about him".
- Roch Carrier, The Hockey Sweater

3.21.2010

Richard's Riot Statement

"Because I always try so hard to win and had my troubles in Boston, I was suspended. At playoff time it hurts not to be in the game with the boys. However, I want to do what is good for the people of Montreal and the team. So that no further harm will be done, I would like to ask everyone to get behind the team and to help the boys win from the New York Rangers and Detroit. I will take my punishment and come back next year to help the club and the younger players to win the Cup."

-Maurice "Rocket" Richard





No comments:

Post a Comment